Competitive silver project and innovative copper-gold exploration in South Australia
Investigator Resources Ltd (ASX code: IVR) is an emerging developer of the Paris Silver Project located on northern Eyre Peninsula within the southern Gawler Craton. Investigator considers Paris is the best undeveloped silver project in Australia.
Our Company is a competitive explorer with a South Australian focus to build on the team’s prior experience and discovery history in the State. We seek to apply step change exploration research and concepts in developing first-comer discovery opportunities.
This approach successfully discovered the breakthrough Paris silver deposit in 2011.
Paris Silver Project:
- 100% held by Investigator.
- It has a JORC 2012-compliant, Total Mineral Resource of 9.3Mt @ 139g/t silver and 0.6% lead for 42Moz contained silver and 55kt contained lead (at a 50g/t silver cut-off ). The Indicated component is 4.3Mt @ 163g/t silver and 0.6% lead for 23Moz contained silver and 26kt contained lead.
- Paris is an epithermal, breccia-style silver deposit, a new style of deposit for South Australia with pedigree in the Americas. Investigator considers Paris is a new member of the Olympic Dam mega-event.
- The objective is to develop Paris as a high-grade open-pit mining project. In Investigator’s view, Paris is the country’s best pure silver plays with a higher silver grade than other Australian contenders.
- The Paris prefeasibility study to proceed to build on the open-pit scenarios, good initial metallurgical results and potential groundwater source nearby.
The Paris discovery verified Investigator’s approach and the potential for a spectrum of new Olympic Dam aged deposits in the Gawler Craton. Accordingly, our team extended its opportunities to exploring for flow-on copper-gold targets for much larger Company-maker deposits.
Nankivel porphyry copper-gold target within the same mineral system as Paris:
- 100% held by Investigator.
- First hole drilled in 2016 intersected intrusives and alteration typically found on the edge of a porphyry system.
- On-going drilling in the first Quarter of 2017 has established beyond any doubt the presence of a large, very prospective copper-mineralised porphyry.
- It is one of the oldest geologically in the world and an entirely new deposit style in South Australia, with potential for world-class copper discoveries.
- The new drilling greatly enhanced the exploration potential of the 50km2 Paris-Nankivel field, both for shallow high-grade silver and gold targets having synergies with the growing Paris silver project, as well as multiple nominally deeper targets for world-class porphyry copper-gold deposits.
Maslins IOCG gravity target within the southern extensions of the Olympic Dam belt:
- Highlighted as an untested target in a magneto-telluric survey in 2016.
- Similar prospective setting to Olympic Dam – Recognition of new targeting vectors from adjacent historical drilling supports target potential.
- Maslins has the potential to fill the gap in deposit sizes between Olympic Dam and the smaller IOCG deposits such as Carrapateena.
- Investigator is seeking a JV partner to drill test the Maslins IOCG target later in 2017.